Do hashtags help you increase the reach of your Instagram posts?
13 | October 12, 2021
Instagram is the most popular social media platform presently with millions of active users who are posting content every day from across the globe. Instagram is a great platform to share images, videos and connect with your target audience. It provides various formats in which users can share their content. The filters, reels, IGTV are presently trending formats in Instagram that lets you reach more audience and increase your brand awareness. We are a social media marketing company in Kerala that delivers you the right result and hacks that will fetch you more likes, followers and engagement for your page.
So how do hashtags work?
Hashtags are just a combination of alphabets, numbers or even emoticons that is preceded by a (#). We are all used to hashtags that we use in our everyday life. (#no filter, #tbt, #bff are some of the tags that we use in our personal profiles. Some of our agency hashtags include: #digital marketing #agency_in_Kochi #Kerala #Web_development_company). A proper understanding of the hashtags is required to create a better reach for your posts.
How do hashtags help you?
Hashtags are clickable which means that a user can undertake a search by clicking on them. For example, if you click on the hashtag (#acutisdigital), you will be able to see all those uploads with that hashtag. Instagram also offers users to follow the hashtags that they want. So every new posting by your business with a specific hashtag will be seen by all those users who follow it.
Using hashtags is a great way to create a community for your business on Instagram. So the more accurate hashtags you use, the more are your chances of building a strong community for your brand.
Are there different types of hashtags?
Hashtags can be divided into different types. Generally, it can be divided into 9 types.
* Product/service hashtags are used to indicate your particular product/service that you deal with, for example, #coffee #cup #webdevelopment #SEO
* Niche hashtags are used to be more specific regarding your niche in the industry. Examples include: #freelancephotographer #foodblogger #SEOblogger
* Industry Instagram community hashtags are used to connect with the existing Instagram communities or create a new one. Examples: #Catloversofinstagram #digitalmarketersofInstagram
* Special event hashtags are used to specify any special day, event or festival. Example: #Diwali #autumndays and more.
* Location hashtags let you specify your geographical location as an addition to the geotags. These can be: #acutisdigital #kochi #India
* Daily hashtags let you specify your moods on certain days. Example #mondayblue #sundayholiday #tuesdaytour etc.
* Relevant phrases hashtag commonly describe what you are doing. For example: #befree #backonwork #becreative
* Acronym hashtags are more popular. Examples of these include: #TBT #OOTD #FOMO etc.
* Emoji hashtags involve emoticons. These include #? #❤ etc.
General research of the keywords lets you target your prospective customers. You can add a maximum of 30 hashtags in your posts and 10 on your stories. So use your keywords wisely for better results. So if you are confused or need more results through your campaigns reach out to the best social media marketing company in Kochi – Acutis digital!